Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pre-K and Kinder Storytime Knuffle Bunny

Hello Internet!

This week for Kindergarten and Pre-K storytime, we are reading one of my faves, Knuffle Bunny by Mo Willems.  Let me just say, I love Mo Willems and everything he writes.  The man is genius.  Seriously.  Anyways, I like to share Knuffle Bunny with them because it won the Caldecott Award which is an award given to children's books for their illustrations.  The cool thing about these illustrations is that the background is a black and white photo and the people are in cartoon color.  Before we read it, I point out the title and what Knuffle Bunny is (a green stuffed animal rabbit) and tell them that this book won a special award for it's pictures.  Then I tell them to pay close attention to the pictures and let me know at the end of the story if they notice anything different or creative.  We read the story, blah blah blah.  They laugh, blah blah blah.  We talk about the pictures, blah blah blah.  Then I give them each a black and white picture of the story carpet in the library and crayons and they draw themselves in color in the library reading or listening to a story. 

1 comment: